Privacy Notice & Cookies Policy
Orthoderm is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should you provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Orthoderm may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
What we Collect
We may collect the following personal data, which is collected directly from you if you voluntarily submit it ie by sending us a message or request a call back through our website:
- telephone number
- email address
By providing telephone and email details, you consent to Orthoderm contacting you using that method.
Any medical information you send us within a message may be forwarded, with your consent, to consultants with practising privileges rights at the Orthoderm Clinic for their professional guidance.
When someone visits www.orthodermclinic.com we use a third party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone. We do not make, and do not allow Google to make, any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website. You can find more information on how cookies are used on this website in the Cookies Policy below.
Purposes for which we hold your information
We will process any personal data you provide to us for the following purposes:
- To provide the information you have requested;
- To respond to any communications you might send us.
We may use non-personal data gathered from visits to our website to analyse the use of our website in order to improve our services and help us better design and organise our website.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. We use appropriate physical and electronic safeguards to protect your personal information.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
We will not disclose your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
If you would like to access the personal information we hold or would like to raise any queries with us in relation to your information, you can contact us by writing to the Data Protection Officer at:
2 Ballynahinch Road
We use a system of classifying the different types of cookies which we use on the website. The classification was developed by the International Chamber of Commerce UK and explains more about which cookies we use, why we use them, and the functionality you will lose if you decide you don’t want to have them on your device.
What is a cookie?
Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information which are downloaded to your personal computer, mobile or other device when you visit a website. Cookies are then sent back to the originating website on each subsequent visit, or to another website that recognises that cookie. Cookies are useful because they allow a website to recognise a user's device.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. You can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set, visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.
Find out how to manage cookies on popular browsers:
To find information relating to other browsers, visit the browser developer's website.
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites, visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
How long are cookies stored for?
Persistent cookies - these cookies remain on a user's device for the period of time specified in the cookie. They are activated each time that the user visits the website that created that particular cookie.
Session cookies - these cookies allow website operators to link the actions of a user during a browser session. A browser session starts when a user opens the browser window and finishes when they close the browser window. Session cookies are created temporarily. Once you close the browser, all session cookies are deleted.
Cookies do lots of different jobs, like letting you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, and generally improve the user experience.
You can find more information about cookies at www.allaboutcookies.org and www.youronlinechoices.eu.
Cookies used on the Website
A list of all the cookies used on the Website by category is set out below.
Strictly necessary cookies - these cookies enable services you have specifically asked for. These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the Website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the Website.
- Cookie Name: PHPSESSID
- Description: PHP session cookie associated with embedded content from this domain.
- Duration: Session Cookie
- Cookie Name: _dc_gtm_UA-xxxxxxxx
- Description: This cookie is associated with sites using Google Tag Manager to load other scripts and code into a page. Where it is used it may be regarded as Strictly Necessary as without it, other scripts may not function correctly. The end of the name is a unique number which is also an identifier for an associated Google Analytics account.
- Duration: Session Cookie
- Cookie Name: exp_csrf_token
- Description: This cookie is used by Cloudflare to identify trusted web traffic.
- Duration: Session Cookie
Performance cookies - these cookies collect anonymous information on the pages visited. By using the Website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.
- Cookie Name: exp_tracker, exp_last_activity, exp_last_visit
- Description: This cookie name is associated with the website content management system Expression Engine. Most likely to do with tracking or recoding visitor activity.
- Duration: Session Cookie, 364 Days, 364 Days.
- Cookie Name: _gid
- Description: This cookie name is associated with Google Universal Analytics. This appears to be a new cookie and as of Spring 2017 no information is available from Google. It appears to store and update a unique value for each page visited._gid
- Duration: Session Cookie
- Cookie Name: _ga
- Description: This cookie name is associated with Google Universal Analytics - which is a significant update to Google's more commonly used analytics service. This cookie is used to distinguish unique users by assigning a randomly generated number as a client identifier. It is included in each page request in a site and used to calculate visitor, session and campaign data for the sites analytics reports. By default it is set to expire after 2 years, although this is customisable by website owners._ga
- Duration: 729 Days
- Cookie Name: _fbp
- Description: Used by Facebook to deliver a series of advertisement products such as real time bidding from third party advertisers
- Duration: 89 Days
- Cookie Name: __atuvc, xtc, __atuvs, __atrfs
- Description: This domain is owned by Addthis. The main business activity is: AddThis provides web widgets that site owners embed into their pages or other content, to enable visitors to create and share links to the content across social networks. They also make use of the data collected to provide advertisers and marketers with profile information for targeted, behavioural advertising.
- Duration: 396 Days, 396 Days, Session Cookie, Session Cookie
- Cookie Name: uvc
- Description: Tracks how often a user interacts with AddThis
- Duration: 396 Days