Give us a Call
028 9268 0940 8am - 6pm Mon to Fri
Vascular surgery is the specialty dealing with diseases affecting the vascular system including diseases of arteries, veins and lymphatic vessels.
Our Consultant Vascular and Endovascular Surgeon at our private healthcare clinic in Hillsborough specialises in the treatment/diagnosis of varicose veins and circulation problems.
Varicose veins are swollen and enlarged veins that usually occur on the legs and feet. They may be blue or dark purple, and are often lumpy, bulging or twisted in appearance.
Other symptoms include:
- aching, heavy and uncomfortable legs;
- swollen feet and ankles;
- burning or throbbing in your legs;
- muscle cramp in your legs, particularly at night;
- dry, itchy and thin skin over the affected vein.
During your first visit, your consultant will complete a thorough history and examination. To determine the diagnosis and plan the best treatment for you, an ultrasound scan may be carried out. This is a painless, straightforward procedure.
Your consultant will explain the diagnosis, outline the types of treatment available and recommend the appropriate treatment for you.
The most common treatment options include:
- endothermal ablation – where heat is used to seal affected veins;
- sclerotherapy – this uses special foam to close the veins;
- ligation and stripping – the affected veins are surgically removed.
To make an appointment call 028 9268 0940