Give us a Call
028 9268 0940 8am - 6pm Mon to Fri
Knee pain is a common complaint that affects people of all ages. Knee pain may be the result of an injury, such as a ruptured ligament or torn cartilage. Pain may also be as a result of an underlying medical condition such as arthritis, gout, infections.
Signs and symptoms which may accompany knee pain include;
- Swelling and stiffness
- Redness and warmth to the touch
- Weakness or instability
- Popping or crunching noises
- Inability to fully straighten the knee
Not all knee pain is serious, but some knee injuries and medical conditions can lead to increasing pain and joint damage if left untreated. It's a good idea to see a specialist if:
- The pain doesn't start to improve within a few weeks;
- The pain stops you doing your day-to-day activities;
- The pain is very severe or gets worse over time;
- You're worried about the pain or are struggling to cope.
At our private healthcare clinic in Hillsborough, our expert Consultants can offer comprehensive and specialist diagnosis of your condition and will advise on treatment and follow-up care.
The services available include rapid, point-of-care diagnostic imaging or screening of your hip to support an early diagnosis. This may include using the very latest MRI scanning facilities, ultrasound or conventional X-rays
To make an appointment call 028 9268 0940